Skip to main content

Assorted short ones post long walk I prefer licorice twists to all sorts

 

Assorted short ones post long walk I prefer licorice twists to all sorts

 

Taking too long

Making the conditions perfect for writing –

Inspiration has deserted me

 

 

My walking shoes

Drying in the sun

Of sweat

 

 

I agree with my late greyhounds

I’m missing them

Slurping water is good

Post walk rest

Summer’s day

 

 

Sweaty t-shirt

Sweaty cap

Drying on the line

No point sweating up

All your clothes

 

 

Mum’s used to say:

“Good guests are like fish –

They go off after 3 days”

 

 

Wind gust

Blows pen onto the ground

Perhaps indeed the answer Bob?

I feel a sense of foreboding

 

 

As a sub teacher

I got called “old man!”

By some disaffected youths

Who hadn’t had a regular teacher in over a term

& yet I still feel like a boy

Not a man

I don’t even know what a man is?

Old, I have a better grasp of

So “old boy!”

Would be more appropriate

That would indeed be amusing

 

 

“I’m under fire!”

Defeated by ants & flies

(They bite incessantly around here!)

I’ve retreated inside

Where city slickers belong

 

 

I’ve really enjoyed this 2 year stay in the country

Trees & birds everywhere

Healing

Slowed my rhythm right down

I have some trepidation about going back to the city

Will my rhythm go into overdrive like so many there?

How do I retain my poise?

 

 

 

Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2025.

Comments