Skip to main content

Absurdist Verse

 

& snow fell

 

It was twilight on reality

When the sun came up

& a little pup sneezed moo meow

She said to her metcalf

I’ve suffered enough

Obduracy & bum

Then waiter said if ur not gonna buy anything

We don’t care what value a talking dog can add

Robots are more fun like death

The clientele want to be left alone with vacuity

& numbness

No one is allowed to talk this is a church

Strange bar he thought

& everyone’s just eating bread

Anyway before he could beg for butter

& puppies are the apotheosis of cute are they not

That’s right there is no reader

Who writes this shit?

I don’t understand said the doctor

Hey man, I thought you were in charge?

Cheese?

 

 

--

 

Does the hard left have time for psyche

Does the right have time for ceasefire

Said the sewing kit to Pancake Tuesday

I’m hungry & the larder is empty

& I usually spare eating my companions

 

 

--

 

 

No one cares about art here

They need it explained

In other words

They’re distracted

Go & stare at the road

 

 

--

 

Few seem to care that 10 year olds are in adult prisons

They think life is a movie

They can’t sit through

So they keep scrolling

 

 

--

 

Poetry

Is too popular

To be good

It’s just therapy

What is absurd?

What is predictable?

Anymore?

Absurdity is cruelty

Yet that’s just literature

Suffering is a scale

Not an absolute Dalai

 

 

--

 

I love you

 

--

 

But love isn’t enough

To maintain living

One can suicide full of love

Coz life is meaningless

 

 

--

 

What’s confession?

What’s absurdism?

What’s with the questions?

Live or die?

We’re fighting to survive

By destroying the planet

& one another

Using

Efficiency principles

& increasing profit margins

 

 

--

 

 

People choose to be busy

Because navel gazing

Is boring

Art is boring

Words don’t exist

I’d like an orange

I’d really like an orange

I can make an orange appear in a poem

That leaves my table bare

I would name myself a terrorist

I wouldn’t be

But the orange would taste sweet & juicy

I guess terrorists eat oranges

 

--

 

 

What does this mean mean?

 

 

 

--

 

 

All this has been thought before

& all I have ahead of me

Is growing mentally younger

& people in their midlife

Getting mad at me

Like they did when I was a kid

Young prats

Taking life so seriously

They’re just cowards

Resentment

But I feel bad from looking deeply at the beautiful friendly waitress

She’s lonely & scared

Like all beautiful young women are

They miss being a caterpillar

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology for an evil word (draft)

  Apology for an evil word   by Malachi Doyle   I wrote/drew/painted this art book in Respekt for the child soldiers in Australia the British Empire AmiKKKa & of course Momma Afrika The French German Italian Dutch Spanish Empires Jesus Asia The Middle East South America Central America The Carribbean The Pacific Islands The former USSR countries The former Yugoslavian countries… My Nation’s & the world’s Asylum Seekers Child Detention Centres & the World’s poor country city neglected homeless  abused persecuted ignored ridiculed dismissed forgotten the murdered & raped mutilated totured  the beaten those who suffer the effects of Authoritarian & ‘soft’ Tyrannies skooling shitstems & other corrupt institutions Corporations in short the Vampires who suck “Earth Mother’s Women’s Child”rens’ blood,   I can’t express how I don’t wanna eat I have lost my appetite I wish ...

Win ugly

  Win ugly I win ugly for some bloody reason I win ugly Life’s like footy Playin into the wind Some days you act like you wish it was over Some days you get the word from the coach & you take it in your stride Though you know ur only D grade Who thought you could play ruck rover & play a ruddy blinder Who thought you had it in ya? Not even ur mother Where did that come from? For you to walk like a king who knew you could sing? About pawning ur weddin ring When ur alone You ain’t nothin but alone Just don’t scam yourself Though u can’t get any help Yes I win ugly I like it in the wet Like a 10 year old boy Drawing with a stick in the dirt Go in hard & you don’t get hurt But a wise man once scribbled The hard is overcome by the soft Like stone in water Like watching a child’s first steps One day in the sun Feelin so privileged to have been there How’d you get so lucky? Ya win ugly Ya win ugly Ya win ugly Worth the price of admission To this valley of tears Coz every now ...

In short, sharing versus selfishness

  In short, sharing versus selfishness   I have heard about The Yolngu people & gasped & sighed & dreamed & with my kite Tacked with & against the wind; Here in Dja Dja Wurrung country, Returning, Solitude for the Yolngu people Is prohibited It’s reason of ‘sorcery’ Offered Pride & closed heartedness Stunting & ending wisdom Without love, So much the better is Living communally on Country, The sounds of Nature: Birds animals water frogs Wind trees & bushes Yarnin & laughter: Relaxed, Part OF country, Not straining adrift to Examine & stand apart, & so, I write here Amongst friends, The sounds of The sitting room Food prepared, The birds the frogs A rabbit to be Air rifle shot & eaten People walkin & talkin & A sneeze The click tick Of finished oyster shells In the fireplace Chewing noises Pottery, Life in good Company Cooperation ...