Skip to main content

pc coopted by the far right

strange society

when in our performance spaces

asking someone a question about their cultural background

as in a friendly question 'what's ur background?'


having taught widely & passionately to students of diverse cultures throughout the state where cultures are celebrated


receives a complaint of 'racist & sexualised' 

that sees one barred


i'm pround of my Eireann heritage


& loved my two wives from Creole & Nihon-jin communities like life

Self motivated I advocated from schools to speak up against anti-African rhetoric in public office & the media to deaf ears.


how can we have a functioning Democracy where people are so hostile to conversing?



on the infamous day in question

at a time when I was fiercely advocating for an end the genocide of First Nations peoples


& justice for the underclass


& what I have observed to be a lack of discussion amongst the general population 

about the muzzling of surveillance capitalism



I had just come off stage from performing a poem & a song at a poetry reading


I was feeling post performance anxiety

I have a mental illness disability which I struggle to manage, as does anyone with a disability


I sought someone to chat to

I spoke with a younger woman who was very friendly


Then a friend appeared

Who shot me daggers on sight

Hand her friend two drinks without speaking

& walked away to attend to her phone


As the young woman was very friendly

I didn't give it a second thought...


But now having been denied entry the next time 


It got me thinking...



Now is not the time for moral cowardice


Now is not the time for defeatest rhetoric from young people.


We are standing of the precipice of a descent into Totalitarianism


While the Left eats their own


& the Far Right grows louder every day



*I feel abandoned & persecuted for being a non conformist in a society of clashing ideological monoliths & my mental health is suffering. Isolated & suffering from complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from a hard life of multiple heavy blows & domestic violence & abuse suffered

& in school & a life of hard knocks.

Please show compassion to the flaws in this piece.

I am in the middle of a mental breakdown.

I have recently lost my mother, my father, my best friend & my big brother & gone through a divorce from my wife who suffered severe illness for 10 years, including 2 brain operations.


I am running on fumes & am sick of the beatings.


I feel cornered & alone.


Bullied all my life for being different.





Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2026.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Garden of Love’

  ‘The Garden of Love’ (after William Blake)   Some young punk Tryin to be ‘hard’ Pussyole! with his mate Said “no flowers!” I was holding some wildflowers To put in my vase at the apartment I asked him “why not?” He said nothing That’s right keep walking bish! To bloodclot! I don’t walk around defensive So I’m not quick to attack I’d rather they think about it themselves ‘Without flowers there is no life’ He dreams Try that on for size ‘You say “no!” to flowers & you say “no!” to life’ Echoed on the wind 'You can’t eat money!' Unity & Devision He hears across the wires 'Not that way!... ... why have you forsaken us?' He feels the ancestors   & again I am reminded of Blake’s ‘The Garden of Love’*   Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2025.   * The Garden of Love By  William Blake I went to the Garden of Love, And saw what I never had seen: A Chapel was built in the midst, W...

Apology for an evil word (draft)

  Apology for an evil word   by Malachi Doyle   I wrote/drew/painted this art book in Respekt for the child soldiers in Australia the British Empire AmiKKKa & of course Momma Afrika The French German Italian Dutch Spanish Empires Jesus Asia The Middle East South America Central America The Carribbean The Pacific Islands The former USSR countries The former Yugoslavian countries… My Nation’s & the world’s Asylum Seekers Child Detention Centres & the World’s poor country city neglected homeless  abused persecuted ignored ridiculed dismissed forgotten the murdered & raped mutilated totured  the beaten those who suffer the effects of Authoritarian & ‘soft’ Tyrannies skooling shitstems & other corrupt institutions Corporations in short the Vampires who suck “Earth Mother’s Women’s Child”rens’ blood,   I can’t express how I don’t wanna eat I have lost my appetite I wish ...

'Punk' Sociology (Participant Observation)

  'Punk' Sociology (Participant Observation)   I’m chilling back at home, now Needed a spliff This is in no way definitive I couldn’t see quite a lot even though I was near the front Once things came to a stand off I didn’t see much of ‘the enemy’ We were prevented from seeing one another Just the guttural roars of “BOO!” from the blood lusters at their front I saw the name of Jesus on a sign Which made about as much sense as the lot of nonsense Man I’d taken Eucharist in the morning prior Of a divided people Their upside down Aussie flags turned up the right way just after we were turned back down Collins St from the corner of Elizabeth Street & the capsicum spray – not too bad Young blokes love a stoush As do female inquisitors The Safran thing strange After his legendary decades & he was ‘shot down’ as a ‘Zionist’ for taking on the Fascists with his dynamic holy wit Very strange I grew up with partition Nothing intellectual about it It’s IN you Thoug...