Skip to main content

Letter to Mum

 

Letter to Mum

 

Mum how are you?

I get the feeling you’re having a lot of fun

Like you’re at a party

& there are no kids at your elbow whingeing

“Mum, when are we going home?”

No, your spirit is flying around the place

You’re being coquettish & mischievous

You at your best

Sometimes you visit me in my dreams

& are somewhat judgemental

I too know I’ve not taken care of myself the best

But this bloody brain chemistry of mine

Is all over the shop

If you read my diagnoses

You'd see I’m doing ok

Yes, I realise that was defensive

Anyway, I don’t wanna talk about me

It’s my requirement as a mentally ill person

To endlessly talk of myself to professionals

It’s a drag

Since when did life make sense?

What ever happened to humour?

I miss yours

I see you up there having a gay old time

 

 

Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2025.

 

 

Comments