Skip to main content

Haiku + one more: 5 days till Summer

 

Haiku + one more: 5 days till Summer

 

Morning:


 

Even the birdsong sounds cleaner

After the rain

 

--

 

The tap water tastes cooler

& fresher

After the rain

 

--

 

Is Tchaikovsky 6

The greatest of them all?

 

--

 

Teenie scribbles of cloud

Against a dome of blue –

Morning (after rain)

 

--

 

Restless dreams

Arguments

 

--

 

Morning

Less foggy

With a hot chocolate

 

--

 

Afternoon:

 

 

Editing my book

A plum & a whiskey

 

--

 

Waiting for her call

Island time

 

--

 

Don’t wait for her

It might be a week

 

--

 

People are big on advice

How much thought do they give tho?

 

--

 

Bendigo

Green Olive’s chicken risotto: Yum!

Art Galleries punch above their weight

 

--

 

Listening to Slim Dusty

“Every day’s a Sund’y

If you’re catching barramundi”

 

--

 

Evening:

 

 

Today I saw the eagle & the crow

Arguing high in the air

Djaara

The two moiety

Of the Dja Dja Wurrung

Like in the Dreaming

Apparently the two birds

Divided the country up between them

The eagle to the mountains

The crow to the grasslands/forest

Even a whitey like me

Can see the Dreaming’s here still

Respect to Elders

Past & Present

& any Indigenous Australia here

 

--

 

Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology for an evil word (draft)

  Apology for an evil word   by Malachi Doyle   I wrote/drew/painted this art book in Respekt for the child soldiers in Australia the British Empire AmiKKKa & of course Momma Afrika The French German Italian Dutch Spanish Empires Jesus Asia The Middle East South America Central America The Carribbean The Pacific Islands The former USSR countries The former Yugoslavian countries… My Nation’s & the world’s Asylum Seekers Child Detention Centres & the World’s poor country city neglected homeless  abused persecuted ignored ridiculed dismissed forgotten the murdered & raped mutilated totured  the beaten those who suffer the effects of Authoritarian & ‘soft’ Tyrannies skooling shitstems & other corrupt institutions Corporations in short the Vampires who suck “Earth Mother’s Women’s Child”rens’ blood,   I can’t express how I don’t wanna eat I have lost my appetite I wish ...

Win ugly

  Win ugly I win ugly for some bloody reason I win ugly Life’s like footy Playin into the wind Some days you act like you wish it was over Some days you get the word from the coach & you take it in your stride Though you know ur only D grade Who thought you could play ruck rover & play a ruddy blinder Who thought you had it in ya? Not even ur mother Where did that come from? For you to walk like a king who knew you could sing? About pawning ur weddin ring When ur alone You ain’t nothin but alone Just don’t scam yourself Though u can’t get any help Yes I win ugly I like it in the wet Like a 10 year old boy Drawing with a stick in the dirt Go in hard & you don’t get hurt But a wise man once scribbled The hard is overcome by the soft Like stone in water Like watching a child’s first steps One day in the sun Feelin so privileged to have been there How’d you get so lucky? Ya win ugly Ya win ugly Ya win ugly Worth the price of admission To this valley of tears Coz every now ...

In short, sharing versus selfishness

  In short, sharing versus selfishness   I have heard about The Yolngu people & gasped & sighed & dreamed & with my kite Tacked with & against the wind; Here in Dja Dja Wurrung country, Returning, Solitude for the Yolngu people Is prohibited It’s reason of ‘sorcery’ Offered Pride & closed heartedness Stunting & ending wisdom Without love, So much the better is Living communally on Country, The sounds of Nature: Birds animals water frogs Wind trees & bushes Yarnin & laughter: Relaxed, Part OF country, Not straining adrift to Examine & stand apart, & so, I write here Amongst friends, The sounds of The sitting room Food prepared, The birds the frogs A rabbit to be Air rifle shot & eaten People walkin & talkin & A sneeze The click tick Of finished oyster shells In the fireplace Chewing noises Pottery, Life in good Company Cooperation ...