Skip to main content

Zeros & ones?

 

Zeros & ones?

 

A strange time indeed

I’m not sure who I’m talking to when I address someone I don’t really know

But invariably it’s hostile

Or weird

People are in their algorithms

Projecting onto you

They’re talking about things which don’t exist cept in social media

They’re living in an invisible cyber world

Not this one

Radically atomised

They live ‘inside’ their phones

Not present in the here & now

(The public realm)

But elsewhere 

Or rather NOWHERE 

 

People are “living their best lives”

Despite the suicide attempts

& the antidepressants

& the fact that very few are having satisfying sex

But it’s all part of a competition

To appear invincible

Not sure where it’s heading

I prefer keeping my own company

Apart from one or two

 

It’s a time for keeping one’s head down

Coz it’s divide & rule

As the corporate elites rub their hands

Conquering all the lands

There’s going to be even more refugees

 

But yeah those trying to pass themselves off as ‘young’ & ‘up to date’

Are revolting

So fake

So phoney

All I crave is some honesty

But those I meet

Seek to have one over me

Or at least the projection of their algorithm 

 

What will they be like

When in a few years time

They lie in a hospital beds

Connected to tubes

Taking their last breaths

What will it all have been for?

Zeros & ones?

 

 

Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a very unorthodox way

  In a very unorthodox way # (For Max Sometimes) In a very unorthodox way, I’m an Irish Catholic. Of course, in terms of Belfast politics that MEANS something. & while that maybe true – in Australia, for different reasons, as Fr Bob Maguire put it – when Mary first saw Jesus walking out of the tomb on day 3 of his death, she exclaimed “JESUS!!!” – the first time his name was used as a swear word. In that way of an irreverent joke, REVERENTIAL & ORTHODOX are not my way to the Sacred/Love*. For me – I’m not really into Theology – as Max Sometimes quoting me, quoting my mate Richard, quoting Bob Marley, quoting Rasta elders, said today “who feels it knows it.” & I believe that if I am to write my Mass/Symphony of Hope/Love, I must include at least one blasphemous hymn, else the vision depicted be simplistic, like George Handel’s Messiah. The Hope/Love represented or perhaps alluded to (if you prefer) must include genuine despair, dejection, transgression else it be

Anagram Schizophrenia In a Numbing Society/Oppression

  Anagram Schizophrenia In a Numbing Society/Oppression   This has gotta come off this band aid’s gotta come off. I’m exhausted. After 52 years of struggle. “Bent out of shape by society’s pliers” to borrow from Dylan. Violence in the womb. Violence from birth. Violence in school. Going to live in the place with the highest murder rate in Europe. Living in a flophouse there. Putting out fires. Literally & figuratively. The literal one that saved everyone’s life in that house. 10 people's lives I saved. Being around generally. Being around. Getting to know people at the bottom. Getting to know people on the ‘wrong side’ of the law Getting to know people on the ‘right side’ Who all jammed together. Rival gang members at my house. Being given a black bandana. A 'hood pass'. Protecting a teenage boy being beaten up by his 6ft 6 Russian stepfather. You know… Friends getting beaten up Friends getting killed   Then what was d

An Australian funeral 2024

  An Australian funeral 2024 Urn scattering Irish ashes Australian Irish son Australian Jamaican chief mourner Pelicans present The visiting witnesses: Random assortment of fishermen Seagulls both native & non Boaties hosing off their hulls Nice waving guy Frenchman who told strange story Retiring to Funk & Reggae Herb white rum & okra steamed with salt Getting deep Riffing on Tripping Still despite the fact that I’m tripping you’re tripping they’re tripping Tripping Tripping You’re tripping etc Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1742) “Man is born free Yet everywhere in chains” This IS a WELL established fact Yet still the ignorant are in power & not solely Still people pull the chains to their conditionally adjusted above maximul pull I’m tripping  Chief Mourner unable to tell story Son cackling like a hyena  Angry neighbour on hands free  Chief mourner recovers his flow “I ain’t mad at you” Delivers vocal trip drop Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.