Rok with
Me
Rok with Me
I knew a
woman
I met her somewhere
I'm not one for kiss n tell
Let’s just
say
She’d been
through war
But she wasn’t
broken
Her mind ’d
got her through it
She was a
genius
She volunteered
the first night I came over
“I liked sex”
& so we
got down
The greatest
sex of my life
One night we
fucked
While listening
to Metallica
On maximum
volume
& the
walls shook
& taboos
were broken
Black woman
I love you
She was
advanced intellectually
& made
me feel like a beginner
But we
clicked
Intellectually
& physically
We laughed a
lot
Just before
my breakdown
& I was funneled back
Into my childhood milieu again
& was reborn for the umpteenth time, middle-class
An ill-fitting suit of clothing
If in nicer houses
Ah basic needs!
Ah shelter!
But so is sex!!!
Alas the functional kind
Give me the ecstatic kind!!!
Published
& Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.
Comments
Post a Comment