Skip to main content

Upon waking in a chair

 

Upon waking in a chair

 

5.15am

6.15 in fact

Daylight Savings has started tonight

The birds are scolding their kids to brush their hair & teeth & “eat up your breakfast, birds go hungry in other places, be thankful for what you have, parental worries over money to start the day, another day at the grindstone

As for me, I passed out in the chair & only woke up half an hour ago, I’ve got one beer left & a packet of tobacco & there’s no time like the present, I haven’t added to my blog in days, due to me being away in the city, was a good time, caught up with friends, dined & watered, even got a woman’s number, I will I think call her, coz let’s face it text messages are a little like hiding, you edit yourself, you can see the other texting for ages & then one line, it’s starting to get light now

Feels good to be writing

I been thinking about Bukowski’s response to JFK’s assassination, “I see men assassinated around me every day. I walk through rooms of the dead, streets of the dead, cities of the dead; men without eyes, men without voices; men with manufactured feelings and standard reactions; men with newspaper brains, television souls and high school ideas.”

Now I can really make out the blue in the sky though it’s been raining much of the last day but what do I know I passed out,

Good singing jam session with Indija, her on tambour & accordion drone last evening singing about universal things as a mantra should, the world’s pop songs today too particular & atomised, the job of a song is to get people singing along about the human condition, it’s only taken me 35 years of running away to realise this

Don’t think I’ll go back to bed

I can always nap during the day

The day after returning from the city is always a recovery day

Met a nice Lebanese man for breakfast, his café yesterday, Lebanon now being bombed by Israel when will it end, does it really have to spread so far towards Armageddon, I mean one can understand post Holocaust psychosis but it’s gone on long enough, can’t they all gather in Aspen Colorado, evidently, I understand that anywhere in Europe is off the table for Israelis after what their parents went through, but can’t they do a Thomas Mann Magic Mountain health spa & sanitarian, coz it’s getting evil, Netanyahu is clearly a maniac & has blood in his eyes

We must learn to seek healing when we’re deranged, one psychosis is understandable, but once it’s done, one must seriously understand the fallibility of one’s judgement

Divorce is teaching me the conditionality of one’s values, evidently I’m not as pure & holy as I once thought & I’m really little different to the real housewives of Beverley Hills, just as vacuous, vain & cynical, living under Mammon’s watch

The day has officially started & the rat in the ceiling is really scraping & clawing, as if to complain about me keeping him or her awake, THAT’S RIGHT said Axl Rose, you “beasties” (to borrow from Robbie Burns) gallivant all night when I was passed out, now it’s my turn!

 

 

Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.

  

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a very unorthodox way

  In a very unorthodox way # (For Max Sometimes) In a very unorthodox way, I’m an Irish Catholic. Of course, in terms of Belfast politics that MEANS something. & while that maybe true – in Australia, for different reasons, as Fr Bob Maguire put it – when Mary first saw Jesus walking out of the tomb on day 3 of his death, she exclaimed “JESUS!!!” – the first time his name was used as a swear word. In that way of an irreverent joke, REVERENTIAL & ORTHODOX are not my way to the Sacred/Love*. For me – I’m not really into Theology – as Max Sometimes quoting me, quoting my mate Richard, quoting Bob Marley, quoting Rasta elders, said today “who feels it knows it.” & I believe that if I am to write my Mass/Symphony of Hope/Love, I must include at least one blasphemous hymn, else the vision depicted be simplistic, like George Handel’s Messiah. The Hope/Love represented or perhaps alluded to (if you prefer) must include genuine despair, dejection, transgression else it be

Anagram Schizophrenia In a Numbing Society/Oppression

  Anagram Schizophrenia In a Numbing Society/Oppression   This has gotta come off this band aid’s gotta come off. I’m exhausted. After 52 years of struggle. “Bent out of shape by society’s pliers” to borrow from Dylan. Violence in the womb. Violence from birth. Violence in school. Going to live in the place with the highest murder rate in Europe. Living in a flophouse there. Putting out fires. Literally & figuratively. The literal one that saved everyone’s life in that house. 10 people's lives I saved. Being around generally. Being around. Getting to know people at the bottom. Getting to know people on the ‘wrong side’ of the law Getting to know people on the ‘right side’ Who all jammed together. Rival gang members at my house. Being given a black bandana. A 'hood pass'. Protecting a teenage boy being beaten up by his 6ft 6 Russian stepfather. You know… Friends getting beaten up Friends getting killed   Then what was d

An Australian funeral 2024

  An Australian funeral 2024 Urn scattering Irish ashes Australian Irish son Australian Jamaican chief mourner Pelicans present The visiting witnesses: Random assortment of fishermen Seagulls both native & non Boaties hosing off their hulls Nice waving guy Frenchman who told strange story Retiring to Funk & Reggae Herb white rum & okra steamed with salt Getting deep Riffing on Tripping Still despite the fact that I’m tripping you’re tripping they’re tripping Tripping Tripping You’re tripping etc Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1742) “Man is born free Yet everywhere in chains” This IS a WELL established fact Yet still the ignorant are in power & not solely Still people pull the chains to their conditionally adjusted above maximul pull I’m tripping  Chief Mourner unable to tell story Son cackling like a hyena  Angry neighbour on hands free  Chief mourner recovers his flow “I ain’t mad at you” Delivers vocal trip drop Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.