Skip to main content

Strange Days

 

Strange Days

 

We’ve agreed that the masculine physical advantage must not be exploited. Now can we admit that the feminine verbal advantage not be exploited?

 

& so bullies are bullies & I’m an introvert who’s been forced by life (arguably by Capitalism & the American way) to behave like an extrovert.

 

Defensively fighting for my life to the point where I can’t breathe.

 

I have Max Sometimes to thank for certain insights.

 

I went to the pub tonight & the women look arrogant & the guys penitential. One thing’s for sure. No one’s smiling.

 

We have a new generation of women raised on the Real Housewives of Shitsville & they talk with a sneer & the reason I like black women is they’re usually kind, having learned humility from their shituation. “Who feels it knows it.”

 

I’m fairly sure the cook spat in my burger tonight. Men like to win from my comments but no one will admit to it.

 

I’m a blues singer, so my approach is slow.

 

I have a soft spot for a lovely woman who’s nothing like the bitches. She suffers & doesn’t seek for others to suffer. Oscar Wilde had a line about seeking out artists & those who have suffered. Cruel people invariably haven’t suffered but use 2nd hand theories of those who have.

 

All my best friends are women & Max Sometimes is I think a genius.

 

I don’t like shallow people.

 

This piece will be really unpopular.

 

I’m not sure what I’m doing with it.

 

Like George Floyd “I can’t breathe.” People overwhelm me. I don’t understand who’s happy at the moment. As I say, no one was smiling at the pub unless they were women leaving with a self satisfied smirk. Or a guy grabbing hold of a spliff, with greed.

 

White people are tripping. Rulers of the world they create a shitstem of misery & even they’re not happy. Rulers of the world, they wish to pretend victimhood. I’m tired of the trope of neurodiversity. I’m not neurodiverse, I’m just broken by life, unless high intelligence is neurodiversity, which is cack.

 

It saddens me to speak ill of people & women in particular. As a 2 year old I swore to myself that I would protect women, but at the moment they’re trippin. But I’m also reminded that the men who go along with this are also fucked. I don’t like the “happy wife, happy life” shit. It emboldens bullies. You don’t hear anything from the men here. They’re invisible like th’apologists for the Nazis. Or the KKK.

 

We’re going through a really messed up period, which you only really see when you’re single, coz you don’t have that one ally to let your eyes see the light of love. But we in this place are selfish with love. It does not engender community. It locks people away in exclusivity.

 

It’s 2.26am I just woke from a nap, feeling clear for the first time in ages. The OCD in me wants to keep updating the time with every passing minute. 2.27.

 

Dumb people are dumb people regardless of gender & they’re generally cruel.

 

It’s best I’m by myself for a while. I find people too much. Except for that lovely woman, who’s name I won’t share. She’s really kind. A kind hearted woman is worth her weight in gold. & then some. She doesn’t use power over me. She’s really down to Earth. It must be really hard for her being a kind hearted woman. They’re treated like Cinderella by the bitches. A kind hearted woman is worth her weight in gold.

 

Dante needed to be led out of Hell into Paradise by Beatrice. As I say a kind hearted woman is worth her weight in gold. But the bitches are trippin. They seem to be getting worse. It’s like the 90s, where women would fart as a turn on & if you lost your erection to it, there must be something wrong with you. Where is the romance? It doesn’t only lie with men.

 

It's crazy out there. I said earlier that there was no one smiling in the pub except for women leaving or men skiving off for joints.

 

I’m not sure what else to add. There are good people. & generally they’ve suffered a good deal & shallow people are nasty. You don’t perceive it as much in kids but it’s coming.

 

If it sounds like I’m happy, I’m not. I just had a moment of energy. 2.43.

 

The local frogs are full of beans. They cluck like hens. I love frogs. But as I’ve not said but implied, most people will have given up on this poem early on. Why don’t people smile? I don’t buy the economic explanation. Misery gutses & spell castors have always been around.

 

Proof read at 2.59am.


PS

It strikes me that this is the post 'pick up' era, when people hook up on line, hence pubs are now places for people who know one another to talk to one another & there's no crosstalk. Call me old fashioned, but I'm not one for online dating. There's either a spark or not. I would never plan to look for a partner. That would seem cynical. Evidently there's a world I'm not seeing. The invisible world of the internet. I guess I don't believe in the virtual world, though I must use it. You're reading this because I know you. & if I don't, then for goodness sake write to me & introduce yourself. I'm in the business of building real universal siblinghood (my word). At the pub tonight, it was either couples or tables of men or tables of women. No one met a new person. Personally I think that is lame. Public Houses should be places for conviviality, evidently, Castlemaine doesn't concur. The night left me cold. I did notice a young woman with a group of guys. I'd say she's a good egg. Not bitching about "what he said" or "did". Living in the present. A simple heart. I hope the guys appreciate her. 3.54.

 

 

Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a very unorthodox way

  In a very unorthodox way # (For Max Sometimes) In a very unorthodox way, I’m an Irish Catholic. Of course, in terms of Belfast politics that MEANS something. & while that maybe true – in Australia, for different reasons, as Fr Bob Maguire put it – when Mary first saw Jesus walking out of the tomb on day 3 of his death, she exclaimed “JESUS!!!” – the first time his name was used as a swear word. In that way of an irreverent joke, REVERENTIAL & ORTHODOX are not my way to the Sacred/Love*. For me – I’m not really into Theology – as Max Sometimes quoting me, quoting my mate Richard, quoting Bob Marley, quoting Rasta elders, said today “who feels it knows it.” & I believe that if I am to write my Mass/Symphony of Hope/Love, I must include at least one blasphemous hymn, else the vision depicted be simplistic, like George Handel’s Messiah. The Hope/Love represented or perhaps alluded to (if you prefer) must include genuine despair, dejection, transgression else it be

Anagram Schizophrenia In a Numbing Society/Oppression

  Anagram Schizophrenia In a Numbing Society/Oppression   This has gotta come off this band aid’s gotta come off. I’m exhausted. After 52 years of struggle. “Bent out of shape by society’s pliers” to borrow from Dylan. Violence in the womb. Violence from birth. Violence in school. Going to live in the place with the highest murder rate in Europe. Living in a flophouse there. Putting out fires. Literally & figuratively. The literal one that saved everyone’s life in that house. 10 people's lives I saved. Being around generally. Being around. Getting to know people at the bottom. Getting to know people on the ‘wrong side’ of the law Getting to know people on the ‘right side’ Who all jammed together. Rival gang members at my house. Being given a black bandana. A 'hood pass'. Protecting a teenage boy being beaten up by his 6ft 6 Russian stepfather. You know… Friends getting beaten up Friends getting killed   Then what was d

An Australian funeral 2024

  An Australian funeral 2024 Urn scattering Irish ashes Australian Irish son Australian Jamaican chief mourner Pelicans present The visiting witnesses: Random assortment of fishermen Seagulls both native & non Boaties hosing off their hulls Nice waving guy Frenchman who told strange story Retiring to Funk & Reggae Herb white rum & okra steamed with salt Getting deep Riffing on Tripping Still despite the fact that I’m tripping you’re tripping they’re tripping Tripping Tripping You’re tripping etc Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1742) “Man is born free Yet everywhere in chains” This IS a WELL established fact Yet still the ignorant are in power & not solely Still people pull the chains to their conditionally adjusted above maximul pull I’m tripping  Chief Mourner unable to tell story Son cackling like a hyena  Angry neighbour on hands free  Chief mourner recovers his flow “I ain’t mad at you” Delivers vocal trip drop Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.