Skip to main content

Mental Vomit

 

Mental Vomit

 

I have no scenario I’m just in a stupid mood. Apparently you’re not allowed to use that word in schools. If a kid is cutting someone’s hair without the person knowing, you can’t say “you’re being stupid.” You’ve got to say “It’s inappropriate” or “It’s not ok,” like manbun in that government ad., where the knob ending is talking smack about his wife & manbun says “It’s not ok.” & that’s it. That’s all he says. He doesn’t extrapolate or anything. Just a manbun disapproving & then moving on. Anyway this isn’t funny. I don’t know why I’m giggling. I’m just a stupid idiot. As Richard says “You’re off your chops!” haha.

I like stirring the pot. It’s good I think, to see masks drop & poke taboos. How can you write & not get beneath the surface? Anyway this is kind of tedious. Oh man I had a good breakfast. Bangin. One thing you can say about me is that I can cook. I remember living with Tim & Sally back in the day & Sally said all I ever made was toast. Perhaps true but I was really intimidated to cook surrounded by chefs. I’ve never been cool. I’m hot. Not as in “oh my God, he’s so hot!” Not that kind of hot, more as in my body temperature & my manic personality. I’ve been appraising it. Is that the word? Sounds a bit strange. Anyway I worked out I’ve played close to 500 gigs in my life & taught working class teenagers for 8 years. That’s a lot of public speaking & performing in front of strangers. & so one learns to be bullet proof. Actually my brother Tim taught me that. When you grow up in violence, you gotta think & move fast. It’s good learning. My mother was a Drama Teacher & my father was an ex-Priest, later a teacher. Both of them singers. Mum also a dancer & actress. So each night the stage was set for the performance! Hence I’m like a more wimpy male Grace Jones. Man I love her. I reckon we’d hit it off, as long as she has a sense of humour. Actually, you know what I’m a bit sick of aggressive people. I don’t think I’m aggressive, more mad, as in crazy. On. That’s why I like my own company, coz I’m really quiet & sensitive. The hard thing in public is with my PTSD I can’t listen very well, coz there’s so much noise in my head. I can recall it all later & I often need time to process it. I like dragonflies a lot. I have a picture I drew of one above my desk. I just like em. They make me feel happy. I also really like playing with my niece & nephew from my last marriage. We play ridiculous games. I prefer their company to the company of adults, coz we get to play makebelieve & nonsense. That’s what I like. I like watching Shaun the Sheep & Two Broke Girls. When my wife’s brain surgeon called me to tell me that they fucked up her operation & were asking for my permission to try & fix it while the hole was still in her head (because she was incapacitated) something in my head went “boiinnnnggggggggggg!” like a spring popping out on a wind-up toy. Since then I’ve found it really hard to be ‘serious’. I don’t wanna be. Why should I be? Where is it legislated that one must be serious? & if I’m not breaking any laws why should anyone else care?

Anyway, far too serious all this protesting. My mates Robert & Lupe had avocado on toast with lemon & salt & pepper & coffee. As much as one could eat & drink. That was about 1994? Robert changed the course of my life. I spent years with his Fijian community. I like their position on open houses & welcoming people. It was a real eye opener. We couldn’t really have people around as a kid in case shit broke out. It was too tense. As I’ve said I can’t be serious because I’ve endured too much tension. So I’m just saying “let it all fuckin hang out!” I can’t handle ‘appropriateness’ & all that shit. When you live in different parts of the world you see that standards are anything but universal. I don’t understand my society. I felt more comfortable in Lewisham SE London. Highest murder rate in the UK. No posing. Beautiful. It didn’t matter if you were crazy. People didn’t care. Yunno you’re part of it. You exist. Anyway I can’t talk about it. I just want to say you don’t have creep around minorities or disabled people. There’s too much of that. We’re not that fragile. I went crazy & it was the best thing to have happened to me. Coz I learned it’s ok. Be yourself. Just be kind. Don’t patronize. Don’t condescend. Don’t feel worthy. Just be humble. Fuck, is it that hard?!

 

 

Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a very unorthodox way

  In a very unorthodox way # (For Max Sometimes) In a very unorthodox way, I’m an Irish Catholic. Of course, in terms of Belfast politics that MEANS something. & while that maybe true – in Australia, for different reasons, as Fr Bob Maguire put it – when Mary first saw Jesus walking out of the tomb on day 3 of his death, she exclaimed “JESUS!!!” – the first time his name was used as a swear word. In that way of an irreverent joke, REVERENTIAL & ORTHODOX are not my way to the Sacred/Love*. For me – I’m not really into Theology – as Max Sometimes quoting me, quoting my mate Richard, quoting Bob Marley, quoting Rasta elders, said today “who feels it knows it.” & I believe that if I am to write my Mass/Symphony of Hope/Love, I must include at least one blasphemous hymn, else the vision depicted be simplistic, like George Handel’s Messiah. The Hope/Love represented or perhaps alluded to (if you prefer) must include genuine despair, dejection, transgression else it be

Anagram Schizophrenia In a Numbing Society/Oppression

  Anagram Schizophrenia In a Numbing Society/Oppression   This has gotta come off this band aid’s gotta come off. I’m exhausted. After 52 years of struggle. “Bent out of shape by society’s pliers” to borrow from Dylan. Violence in the womb. Violence from birth. Violence in school. Going to live in the place with the highest murder rate in Europe. Living in a flophouse there. Putting out fires. Literally & figuratively. The literal one that saved everyone’s life in that house. 10 people's lives I saved. Being around generally. Being around. Getting to know people at the bottom. Getting to know people on the ‘wrong side’ of the law Getting to know people on the ‘right side’ Who all jammed together. Rival gang members at my house. Being given a black bandana. A 'hood pass'. Protecting a teenage boy being beaten up by his 6ft 6 Russian stepfather. You know… Friends getting beaten up Friends getting killed   Then what was d

An Australian funeral 2024

  An Australian funeral 2024 Urn scattering Irish ashes Australian Irish son Australian Jamaican chief mourner Pelicans present The visiting witnesses: Random assortment of fishermen Seagulls both native & non Boaties hosing off their hulls Nice waving guy Frenchman who told strange story Retiring to Funk & Reggae Herb white rum & okra steamed with salt Getting deep Riffing on Tripping Still despite the fact that I’m tripping you’re tripping they’re tripping Tripping Tripping You’re tripping etc Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1742) “Man is born free Yet everywhere in chains” This IS a WELL established fact Yet still the ignorant are in power & not solely Still people pull the chains to their conditionally adjusted above maximul pull I’m tripping  Chief Mourner unable to tell story Son cackling like a hyena  Angry neighbour on hands free  Chief mourner recovers his flow “I ain’t mad at you” Delivers vocal trip drop Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.