Skip to main content

& so I work for a future time

 

& so I work for a future time

 

& so I work for a future time

When the depressed conditions of the present

Will become more acute & desperate

Perhaps then some unity for the people

A chance for real structural change

That unlike the mistakes of the past

Doesn’t create gulags & newspeak, (we already have a surveillance state)

& doesn’t interfere with the freedom of the mind

Where universities will again be public

Where we'll have enough hospital beds

Where no corporations own God’s rain

Where people feel less under attack from one another

Where working is not so coercive

Where people are less alone

Where there are homes for everybody

& enough to eat & drink

Where people are warm in the wintertime

Then maybe, we can work out what it means to be human

So that we can better cooperate

That we can better, more intimately, communicate

Where we are allowed diversity of ideas

Where we are allowed freedom of speech

Where it’s no longer dog eat dog

Where we’re no longer divided & conquered

& communities are given a chance to grow

We must hold out hope

& promote universal rights

No more silos as the titanic sinks

No more fighting over lifeboats

No more second class citizens

No more use of our population

As economic units

Thanks Max, credit where credit’s due

This poem wouldn’t written today

Without the chats between me & you

My sister

But it's gonna get worse before it gets better

So here's to poets who care about more than their careers

& warriors who care about more than money

& mothers & fathers who teach not every stranger is a danger

& getting off ya phone & earbuds

& walking outside of your isolation pods

We gotta stick together

The dance ain't over

It's only just begun

Sing wisely for the future 

For the young & those to come


 

 

Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology for an evil word (draft)

  Apology for an evil word   by Malachi Doyle   I wrote/drew/painted this art book in Respekt for the child soldiers in Australia the British Empire AmiKKKa & of course Momma Afrika The French German Italian Dutch Spanish Empires Jesus Asia The Middle East South America Central America The Carribbean The Pacific Islands The former USSR countries The former Yugoslavian countries… My Nation’s & the world’s Asylum Seekers Child Detention Centres & the World’s poor country city neglected homeless  abused persecuted ignored ridiculed dismissed forgotten the murdered & raped mutilated totured  the beaten those who suffer the effects of Authoritarian & ‘soft’ Tyrannies skooling shitstems & other corrupt institutions Corporations in short the Vampires who suck “Earth Mother’s Women’s Child”rens’ blood,   I can’t express how I don’t wanna eat I have lost my appetite I wish ...

Win ugly

  Win ugly I win ugly for some bloody reason I win ugly Life’s like footy Playin into the wind Some days you act like you wish it was over Some days you get the word from the coach & you take it in your stride Though you know ur only D grade Who thought you could play ruck rover & play a ruddy blinder Who thought you had it in ya? Not even ur mother Where did that come from? For you to walk like a king who knew you could sing? About pawning ur weddin ring When ur alone You ain’t nothin but alone Just don’t scam yourself Though u can’t get any help Yes I win ugly I like it in the wet Like a 10 year old boy Drawing with a stick in the dirt Go in hard & you don’t get hurt But a wise man once scribbled The hard is overcome by the soft Like stone in water Like watching a child’s first steps One day in the sun Feelin so privileged to have been there How’d you get so lucky? Ya win ugly Ya win ugly Ya win ugly Worth the price of admission To this valley of tears Coz every now ...

In short, sharing versus selfishness

  In short, sharing versus selfishness   I have heard about The Yolngu people & gasped & sighed & dreamed & with my kite Tacked with & against the wind; Here in Dja Dja Wurrung country, Returning, Solitude for the Yolngu people Is prohibited It’s reason of ‘sorcery’ Offered Pride & closed heartedness Stunting & ending wisdom Without love, So much the better is Living communally on Country, The sounds of Nature: Birds animals water frogs Wind trees & bushes Yarnin & laughter: Relaxed, Part OF country, Not straining adrift to Examine & stand apart, & so, I write here Amongst friends, The sounds of The sitting room Food prepared, The birds the frogs A rabbit to be Air rifle shot & eaten People walkin & talkin & A sneeze The click tick Of finished oyster shells In the fireplace Chewing noises Pottery, Life in good Company Cooperation ...