Skip to main content

I smoke marijuana every chance I get, I’m not sorry

 

I smoke marijuana every chance I get, I’m not sorry

 

I smoke marijuana every chance I get, I’m not sorry

Isn’t that what Ginsberg said?

My favourite avowed sodomite

Probably my favourite poet fullstop

There’s an unshiftable shape providing amnesia

Of/from earlier musings

Like the nail in my foot eclipsing

Earlier dances

I’ve always wanted to listen to Riders on the Storm high

Perhaps that was it

Queue the tape…

Now I feel like Hunter S. Thompson

Or Neal Cassidy

In The Electric Cool Aid Acid Test

Wolfe recounts Kesey introducing Ginsberg to The Hell’s Angels

Now, The Angels hate Jews & they really hate Fags

But the Heavens joined

& everyone went on “a laugh”

Coz yunno Ginsberg’s like, an actual pacifist

A robust one

Not an anemic

He’s what the Arabs I taught called “a sic kunt”

Anyway I’m gonna just listen

 

I listen a while

To Miles Davis’ Aura

As the night comes falling from the sky

To borrow from Bob Dylan

Again those inscrutable bare trees

Don’t know kinda like silver birch but not

Miles’ muted trumpet with delay effect

Hangs in light over the darkling plain

Matthew Arnold not T.S. Eliot! (as I'd early quoted from memory)

Jesus, Doyle! Get it right!

But of course I’m a pop singer

Not a Canonical Poet

There are flaws in my learning

Still, I rejoinder

There are corpses in the Academy

& so, like the Soviet’s Brodsky

I am a non-Poet

Just trash

There are many mistakes

I am not peer reviewed

I am an auto-didact

An Honours Dropout

I haven’t been completely exorcised

Just enough to make me “Kinky”

They got in deep enough though

Which is why I’m still addressing em

Nevertheless I met the King of Time

They haven’t got within cooee

I can’t even spell my diagnosis

Without autocorrect

Schizophrenic

Must’ve fluked it

I’ve had plenty of practice by now

Basically, I’m a “sic kunt”

As my Jamaican mate calls me

But there aren’t enough sic kunts in the world of letters

Which I guess is the thesis of this song

& so I listen to John McLaughlin

 

Postscript: I went out for a cigarette & remembered what that memory block was

& the reason I smoke spliff now after a 20 year break,

In which I got chewed up,:

I had a week recently, when within 3 days,

I met with my Psychiatrist, my Psychologist, my GP & my Social Worker

& felt well, like a piece of prodded meat

& so the next time someone offered me a toke,

I’m now a medico-legal object,

I said “Fuck it”

“Fuck it all!”

Now, I’m not buying

& I’m not doing it super often

But fuck it,

If there’s some spliff for the taking

I will

& I’m enjoying it

I’m ‘kickin’ back.’

 

 

Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a very unorthodox way

  In a very unorthodox way # (For Max Sometimes) In a very unorthodox way, I’m an Irish Catholic. Of course, in terms of Belfast politics that MEANS something. & while that maybe true – in Australia, for different reasons, as Fr Bob Maguire put it – when Mary first saw Jesus walking out of the tomb on day 3 of his death, she exclaimed “JESUS!!!” – the first time his name was used as a swear word. In that way of an irreverent joke, REVERENTIAL & ORTHODOX are not my way to the Sacred/Love*. For me – I’m not really into Theology – as Max Sometimes quoting me, quoting my mate Richard, quoting Bob Marley, quoting Rasta elders, said today “who feels it knows it.” & I believe that if I am to write my Mass/Symphony of Hope/Love, I must include at least one blasphemous hymn, else the vision depicted be simplistic, like George Handel’s Messiah. The Hope/Love represented or perhaps alluded to (if you prefer) must include genuine despair, dejection, transgression else it be

Anagram Schizophrenia In a Numbing Society/Oppression

  Anagram Schizophrenia In a Numbing Society/Oppression   This has gotta come off this band aid’s gotta come off. I’m exhausted. After 52 years of struggle. “Bent out of shape by society’s pliers” to borrow from Dylan. Violence in the womb. Violence from birth. Violence in school. Going to live in the place with the highest murder rate in Europe. Living in a flophouse there. Putting out fires. Literally & figuratively. The literal one that saved everyone’s life in that house. 10 people's lives I saved. Being around generally. Being around. Getting to know people at the bottom. Getting to know people on the ‘wrong side’ of the law Getting to know people on the ‘right side’ Who all jammed together. Rival gang members at my house. Being given a black bandana. A 'hood pass'. Protecting a teenage boy being beaten up by his 6ft 6 Russian stepfather. You know… Friends getting beaten up Friends getting killed   Then what was d

An Australian funeral 2024

  An Australian funeral 2024 Urn scattering Irish ashes Australian Irish son Australian Jamaican chief mourner Pelicans present The visiting witnesses: Random assortment of fishermen Seagulls both native & non Boaties hosing off their hulls Nice waving guy Frenchman who told strange story Retiring to Funk & Reggae Herb white rum & okra steamed with salt Getting deep Riffing on Tripping Still despite the fact that I’m tripping you’re tripping they’re tripping Tripping Tripping You’re tripping etc Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1742) “Man is born free Yet everywhere in chains” This IS a WELL established fact Yet still the ignorant are in power & not solely Still people pull the chains to their conditionally adjusted above maximul pull I’m tripping  Chief Mourner unable to tell story Son cackling like a hyena  Angry neighbour on hands free  Chief mourner recovers his flow “I ain’t mad at you” Delivers vocal trip drop Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.