Skip to main content

I smoke marijuana every chance I get, I’m not sorry

 

I smoke marijuana every chance I get, I’m not sorry

 

I smoke marijuana every chance I get, I’m not sorry

Isn’t that what Ginsberg said?

My favourite avowed sodomite

Probably my favourite poet fullstop

There’s an unshiftable shape providing amnesia

Of/from earlier musings

Like the nail in my foot eclipsing

Earlier dances

I’ve always wanted to listen to Riders on the Storm high

Perhaps that was it

Queue the tape…

Now I feel like Hunter S. Thompson

Or Neal Cassidy

In The Electric Cool Aid Acid Test

Wolfe recounts Kesey introducing Ginsberg to The Hell’s Angels

Now, The Angels hate Jews & they really hate Fags

But the Heavens joined

& everyone went on “a laugh”

Coz yunno Ginsberg’s like, an actual pacifist

A robust one

Not an anemic

He’s what the Arabs I taught called “a sic kunt”

Anyway I’m gonna just listen

 

I listen a while

To Miles Davis’ Aura

As the night comes falling from the sky

To borrow from Bob Dylan

Again those inscrutable bare trees

Don’t know kinda like silver birch but not

Miles’ muted trumpet with delay effect

Hangs in light over the darkling plain

Matthew Arnold not T.S. Eliot! (as I'd early quoted from memory)

Jesus, Doyle! Get it right!

But of course I’m a pop singer

Not a Canonical Poet

There are flaws in my learning

Still, I rejoinder

There are corpses in the Academy

& so, like the Soviet’s Brodsky

I am a non-Poet

Just trash

There are many mistakes

I am not peer reviewed

I am an auto-didact

An Honours Dropout

I haven’t been completely exorcised

Just enough to make me “Kinky”

They got in deep enough though

Which is why I’m still addressing em

Nevertheless I met the King of Time

They haven’t got within cooee

I can’t even spell my diagnosis

Without autocorrect

Schizophrenic

Must’ve fluked it

I’ve had plenty of practice by now

Basically, I’m a “sic kunt”

As my Jamaican mate calls me

But there aren’t enough sic kunts in the world of letters

Which I guess is the thesis of this song

& so I listen to John McLaughlin

 

Postscript: I went out for a cigarette & remembered what that memory block was

& the reason I smoke spliff now after a 20 year break,

In which I got chewed up,:

I had a week recently, when within 3 days,

I met with my Psychiatrist, my Psychologist, my GP & my Social Worker

& felt well, like a piece of prodded meat

& so the next time someone offered me a toke,

I’m now a medico-legal object,

I said “Fuck it”

“Fuck it all!”

Now, I’m not buying

& I’m not doing it super often

But fuck it,

If there’s some spliff for the taking

I will

& I’m enjoying it

I’m ‘kickin’ back.’

 

 

Published & Copyright Malachi Doyle 2024.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology for an evil word (draft)

  Apology for an evil word   by Malachi Doyle   I wrote/drew/painted this art book in Respekt for the child soldiers in Australia the British Empire AmiKKKa & of course Momma Afrika The French German Italian Dutch Spanish Empires Jesus Asia The Middle East South America Central America The Carribbean The Pacific Islands The former USSR countries The former Yugoslavian countries… My Nation’s & the world’s Asylum Seekers Child Detention Centres & the World’s poor country city neglected homeless  abused persecuted ignored ridiculed dismissed forgotten the murdered & raped mutilated totured  the beaten those who suffer the effects of Authoritarian & ‘soft’ Tyrannies skooling shitstems & other corrupt institutions Corporations in short the Vampires who suck “Earth Mother’s Women’s Child”rens’ blood,   I can’t express how I don’t wanna eat I have lost my appetite I wish ...

Win ugly

  Win ugly I win ugly for some bloody reason I win ugly Life’s like footy Playin into the wind Some days you act like you wish it was over Some days you get the word from the coach & you take it in your stride Though you know ur only D grade Who thought you could play ruck rover & play a ruddy blinder Who thought you had it in ya? Not even ur mother Where did that come from? For you to walk like a king who knew you could sing? About pawning ur weddin ring When ur alone You ain’t nothin but alone Just don’t scam yourself Though u can’t get any help Yes I win ugly I like it in the wet Like a 10 year old boy Drawing with a stick in the dirt Go in hard & you don’t get hurt But a wise man once scribbled The hard is overcome by the soft Like stone in water Like watching a child’s first steps One day in the sun Feelin so privileged to have been there How’d you get so lucky? Ya win ugly Ya win ugly Ya win ugly Worth the price of admission To this valley of tears Coz every now ...

In short, sharing versus selfishness

  In short, sharing versus selfishness   I have heard about The Yolngu people & gasped & sighed & dreamed & with my kite Tacked with & against the wind; Here in Dja Dja Wurrung country, Returning, Solitude for the Yolngu people Is prohibited It’s reason of ‘sorcery’ Offered Pride & closed heartedness Stunting & ending wisdom Without love, So much the better is Living communally on Country, The sounds of Nature: Birds animals water frogs Wind trees & bushes Yarnin & laughter: Relaxed, Part OF country, Not straining adrift to Examine & stand apart, & so, I write here Amongst friends, The sounds of The sitting room Food prepared, The birds the frogs A rabbit to be Air rifle shot & eaten People walkin & talkin & A sneeze The click tick Of finished oyster shells In the fireplace Chewing noises Pottery, Life in good Company Cooperation ...