Skip to main content

This eventually Lightens Up

How to start such a week as this, as any?

 

A truly terrible way to start the working week. Why did I do it? Research the marches sweeping the cities of the world, but of course no one seems to know where the money is coming from? I guess accountancy is good like that, if you’re a fascist billionaire or network of billionaires. Divide the people, necessitating authoritarian governments to maintain order and your security forces and weapons and news outlets. Blah blah, as Joan of Arc, sorry St Greta says. Still, what a waste of a beautiful day. All that was achieved was that I am now miserable, which is no doubt precisely what the plot has been all along – to sew atomised discontent amongst the people. We amplify the threat and diminish the good. This is the definition of a production line of tragedies, where is Aristophanes when you need him? Why aren’t the production houses allowing comedies? This is also a question, is it? I understand the current love of instrumental music. A break from words, because the current words are bad.

So,

How

To

Inject

Some

Humour

&

Keep

Humanity

Breathing

Oxygen?


…?

 

Yellow with stripes on it

Like a trip hazard

Like an icypole

Yunno kids still love frozen sugary drinks

 

I dearly love frozen things on a hot day

For all the horrors

Of the dispossession

The white man brought the freezer

Good in a hot summer climate

I wanna get out into the bush soon

I will

The bush is healing

Kev Carmody’s butterknife slide guitar boogie

Who would’ve thunk that

Some of his best recent work is his instrumentals?

Capturing the humour

In the dreaming

In country?

A

Bit

Like

The sound of Music

&

The absurd little bird

Coming out to say

Cuckoo.

My dearly departed friend Mikey

Taught me a depth of love

Of our birds

& their                                                                             people

 

Birds are great fun

He called King Parrots

Twinkle Discs

As in a Japanese mini disc

Which

Joked

“It thinks it’s better than

It is”

 

Maybe like the birds

We need to feel pretty

And rejoice in our gift of

Song

&

Flights

Of

Fancy?


Cu

Ckoo!

 

                                                                                   ©Malachi Doyle 2021.




 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology for an evil word (draft)

  Apology for an evil word   by Malachi Doyle   I wrote/drew/painted this art book in Respekt for the child soldiers in Australia the British Empire AmiKKKa & of course Momma Afrika The French German Italian Dutch Spanish Empires Jesus Asia The Middle East South America Central America The Carribbean The Pacific Islands The former USSR countries The former Yugoslavian countries… My Nation’s & the world’s Asylum Seekers Child Detention Centres & the World’s poor country city neglected homeless  abused persecuted ignored ridiculed dismissed forgotten the murdered & raped mutilated totured  the beaten those who suffer the effects of Authoritarian & ‘soft’ Tyrannies skooling shitstems & other corrupt institutions Corporations in short the Vampires who suck “Earth Mother’s Women’s Child”rens’ blood,   I can’t express how I don’t wanna eat I have lost my appetite I wish ...

Win ugly

  Win ugly I win ugly for some bloody reason I win ugly Life’s like footy Playin into the wind Some days you act like you wish it was over Some days you get the word from the coach & you take it in your stride Though you know ur only D grade Who thought you could play ruck rover & play a ruddy blinder Who thought you had it in ya? Not even ur mother Where did that come from? For you to walk like a king who knew you could sing? About pawning ur weddin ring When ur alone You ain’t nothin but alone Just don’t scam yourself Though u can’t get any help Yes I win ugly I like it in the wet Like a 10 year old boy Drawing with a stick in the dirt Go in hard & you don’t get hurt But a wise man once scribbled The hard is overcome by the soft Like stone in water Like watching a child’s first steps One day in the sun Feelin so privileged to have been there How’d you get so lucky? Ya win ugly Ya win ugly Ya win ugly Worth the price of admission To this valley of tears Coz every now ...

In short, sharing versus selfishness

  In short, sharing versus selfishness   I have heard about The Yolngu people & gasped & sighed & dreamed & with my kite Tacked with & against the wind; Here in Dja Dja Wurrung country, Returning, Solitude for the Yolngu people Is prohibited It’s reason of ‘sorcery’ Offered Pride & closed heartedness Stunting & ending wisdom Without love, So much the better is Living communally on Country, The sounds of Nature: Birds animals water frogs Wind trees & bushes Yarnin & laughter: Relaxed, Part OF country, Not straining adrift to Examine & stand apart, & so, I write here Amongst friends, The sounds of The sitting room Food prepared, The birds the frogs A rabbit to be Air rifle shot & eaten People walkin & talkin & A sneeze The click tick Of finished oyster shells In the fireplace Chewing noises Pottery, Life in good Company Cooperation ...